Are you a parent home schooling during the lockdown?
The schools, colleges and nurseries are closed. It’s no doubt a challenging time. You’ve been juggling schooling the kids, perhaps working from home and of course the stress and anxiety of the ongoing corona crisis. There’s uncertainty about how long the lockdown will be and when life might hopefully return to normal.
If you’re a single parent and/or separated from the other parent things will have no doubt have been particularly challenging. Juggling everything on your own is tough.
– You’re doing the best you can in very challenging circumstances.
– There’s no perfect way of doing things and we’re all making it up as we go along.
– There are lots of resources for children online and so ask friends and family for suggestions.
– We are all in this together and can support and encourage each other.
– Accept there will be bad days when moods are low and you’re not very productive. It doesn’t matter.
– Take each day as it comes. Celebrate the good stuff and move on from things that didn’t work out as well.
– You need support too. Reach out to friends, family and colleagues.
– Don’t presume everyone else has it sorted. They don’t. We’re all winging it.
– THE most important thing is to focus on keeping your family safe, reassuring each other it’s going to be okay and being grateful for being given this space and time to slow down from normal life and spend time with your kids.
Stay strong. You’ve got this.
Please note: I have other blogs to read in this series – Corona Crisis.
If you have found the tips in this blog useful then you’ll find lots more in my eBooks, which you can purchase and download today.
If you’d like to work with me 1:1, for help preparing for your divorce/or support during or after the divorce process, please get in touch to find out how I can help.
Why I became a divorce consultant.