We are constantly bombarded in the press with stories about celebs getting divorced. The general public always seem fascinated with following the highs and lows of the lives of celebrities. Seeing them deal with births, deaths, marriages and divorce makes celebs seem more like “real” people. It reminds us that they too go through the same challenges in life as us “normal” people. [Read more…] about Can I Get A Quickie Divorce?
The Legal Process
Here are my 3 top tips for separated couples who haven’t yet divorced:
1. Divorce is not the only option, particularly if you have not been separated for long.
Find out more about the choices you have available to you, by getting in touch with me. When you are ready, I can also provide you with details of how to find the right solicitor for you and prepare you for what’s involved.
2. However long you have been living apart, without a divorce you remain legally married.
As such, if the financial position of either you or your spouse changes, it could affect the financial settlement when you do eventually seek a formal financial settlement. Protect your financial position. Get advice and make strong informed decisions.
3. No one gets married thinking they will get divorced.
It’s a difficult time in anyone’s life. Don’t feel intimidated by what might be involved. You do not have to go through it alone. I have years of experience of divorce and separation and am here to navigate you through the process as painlessly and economically as possible.
4. How A Divorce Coach Can Help
I will provide you with help to:
– break things down into manageable steps
– Explain what is involved and what to expect, each step of the way
– Answer concerns and questions you have which might be getting in the way of decision making to move you forward
– Provide emotional and practical support at this difficult time in your life.
– Give you tips and suggestions to help you feel calmer, more in control and then better able to deal with the situation.
If you have found the tips in this blog useful then you’ll find lots more in my eBooks, which you can purchase and download today.
Rhiannon Ford Divorce Consultancy does not just benefit the person getting divorced. I am confident I can also greatly assist the solicitor in the case.
As a divorce coach and consultant, I provide emotional support and practical help to people going through divorce and separation. But with my background as a family law solicitor, I also very much understand what the solicitor needs from the client in order to run the client’s case. [Read more…] about How A Divorce Coach’s Work Assists The Family Law Solicitor
There is no denying it; the thought of being questioned in a witness box can be scary stuff. It is all very well providing your solicitor with information to put in a written statement, but a different story altogether when you are to be asked to speak in court and answer questions.
it’s a good idea to spend time writing a list of questions you want to ask the solicitor. This will help you stay focused during the meeting. It also ensures you remember to cover everything that is important to you. [Read more…] about Two Top Tips For Preparing For Your First Meeting With The Solicitor