During the Day
It’s a good idea to rest during the day when possible. Just a 20mins power nap or lie down can do wonders to re-energise you for the rest of the day. If you are worried about your rest time running over, you can set an alarm on your mobile phone.
Our daily activities can also impact the quality of our sleep at night. To help aid night time sleep, during the day you should:
-Increase your exposure to sunlight and fresh air
-Get regular exercise
In times of stress, it can be very difficult to “switch off” at bedtime, which in turn makes falling asleep challenging. Many people also struggle with interrupted sleep or not feeling refreshed in the morning.
It’s a good idea to have a sensible bedtime routine, to put you in the best position possible for both dropping off and having a good quality night’s sleep:
- Try to go to bed at the same time each night- this helps get your body clock in to a good routine
- Avoid electronic devices(TV, computer etc.) just before bedtime
- Create a restful environment in your bedroom to encourage sleep
- Spend a few minutes getting your mind and body in to a relaxed state-e.g. deep, slow breathing
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and large meals a few hours before bedtime
If you have found the tips in this blog useful then you’ll find lots more in my eBooks, which you can purchase and download today.